Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Purge Me

 

Purge Me 
2 Timothy 2:19-21

19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.

Please fix my heart Lord so that my life will bring You the glory. I’ve done things that I understand are transgressions against Your commandments and laws. As I contemplate what I’ve done to put me here it was my sins that I chose to do with my body and heart.

The teachings that I received about Christ when I was young, I didn’t comprehend. But the one thing that I do remember was Your name “Jesus!” Yes, I heard that Jesus is Lord, love and He saves. Now I know why it’s important to call out to You and to read Your Word. You are my refuge and fortress. The powers of darkness can no longer have me nor keep me bound when I walk in the light. I delight in Your Word because it is the lamp to my feet and the light to my paths. Your Blood covers all my transgressions and iniquities. I am saved by the Blood of Jesus.

The darkness blinded me from the truth because my sins made me comfortable. The anger that I held inside me grew into rebelliousness and when I became an adult the choices that I made opened more doors that attracted these spirits to me: rejection, rage, torment, fear, pain, and confusion.

These evil spirits tormented my soul through the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life.  The works of darkness engulfed my mind and soul. When I would wake in the morning the spiritual attacks were still there waiting for me. This went on for years, I had no true knowledge that I could fight back and win.

As I reflect there were times when I didn’t say my prayers. There were days when all I thought about was the sin that made me feel good and loved. I was in my youth running around the world trying to be someone to impress the world. I used my beauty to open doors for me and thought that my kindness would make people like me.

However, that was the weapon that Satan used to lure me. My soul was broken, my spirit was dead, and my life was a living roller coaster. But the day that I cried out to You Lord, You heard me. Your love and spirit delivered me from the snares and evil spirits that tormented my soul.

Today, I know why many didn’t make it through the valley of death because this walk is a spiritual walk. Your Word is the foundation of everything that You have established to reveal that there are two spheres that exist. The natural world and the spirit world. There’s good and evil in the world and in the spirit world. The devil is operating in the world as well as in the spirit. He is behind the works of darkness.

My spirit is new in Christ Jesus. The Lord spoke to me “I will create in you a new spirit” eighteen years ago. I’m living my life for His glory because He chose to save me before I believed in Him. The Word of the Lord teaches us that we must be purged of the unclean things so that we shall be a vessel of honor, sanctified and prepared to be used by the Master for every good work.

My prayer to the reader and listener please pray to God daily and be honest and ask Him to help you and change your life to be a vessel of honor. He loves you more than you love yourself. Please let Him into your life, you will never be the same. He will bless you beyond what your eyes can see.


 

Sweet Savior

 

 How can I please You?

My lips are willing to talk

Please clean up my mouth

My vessel is willing

Purge my temple stainless

Pour Your Blood upon my soul

The glory and honor are Yours

Joy oh joy what a wonderful Savior

Please allow me to witness

While tear drops fall at Your feet

Cleanse my impurities

So that my life praises You

Oh, what a precious moment

To confess my sins and shame

Please forgive me for all my wrong

I want to be used by Your Spirit

Sweet Jesus oh wonderful savior

My spirit welcomes Your presence

 ã2004 “Naima’s Inspirational Melodies”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ask you to be respectful and mindful of all comments and interactions. Comments that use swearing or bullying will be deleted. God bless you.

Living Water

  Living Water John 4:14  but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him w...