Friday, March 24, 2023

Walking Upright

 

Walking Upright

Psalm 119:9-12

9 How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. 10 With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! 11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. 12 Blessed are You, O Lord! Teach me Your statutes.

The people who love God will cling to His Word for life’s instructions, as we learn that there is a right and wrong way to live our lives. There are so many people who are persuaded to live opposite of following the scriptures. Life for them is having things their way and on their terms. However, there are consequences when we follow our carnal minds and flesh. The Word tells us what our outcome will be according to how we choose to live our lives.  

When we are sober minded, we are in tune of what is happening around us. Our thoughts are not all over the place with tons of distractions. We can think and make sound decisions that will keep harmony in our lives. As we ponder and reflect on the things that mean the most to us, we can prioritize things.

Our love for God will reflect in our choices that we make pertaining to how we live. We must lean on God for everything and acknowledge Him for who He is. This helps us to put Him first and to be grateful for life. He is our creator and the Creator of the universe. Colossians 1:15-18 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

God’s path opens the doors of opportunities to bless and keep us on the straight and narrow path. There are many roads out there that are leading people astray, in danger and toward destruction. Those of us who love God will keep His commandments. We must continue to study and meditate on the scriptures to grow in our walk with the Lord. He will grant us the wisdom to live right and remain in His will. Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?

People will say a lot of deceitful words to persuade and mislead others to follow them. We must be discerning of spirits. The action of a man speaks louder than his words because we will know a tree by the fruit it bears. The advice that we listen to must be godly and we still must pray to God before we accept it. We must listen and be slow to speak and pay attention because the Holy Spirit will warn us. He will show us the truth if we take heed to the Spirit. Remember, the Holy Spirit will bring to our memory the Word of the Lord. Stop and listen that is the Spirit speaking.  Proverbs 2:10-14 When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to your soul, 11 Discretion will preserve you; Understanding will keep you, 12 To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things, 13 From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness; 14 Who rejoice in doing evil, And delight in the perversity of the wicked;

The Lord loves us and have given us favor to receive His wisdom and knowledge. The enemy is jealous and envious of us because we have found delight in the Lord. Jesus spoke to His disciples in the book of John 10:7-10 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:14-15 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 

Saints, we are the sheep and must be careful to not listen and follow a stranger. However, there are many false prophets who know the Word and they will come to mislead many astray. That is why we must hide the Word in our hearts, so that we will hear the Holy Spirit within us speaking to us. Matthew 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. Satan is watching us and is plotting to harm us in anyway that he can. We must pray for discernment and discerning of spirits. Because these evil spirits entice people who are carrying hurt, anger, and unforgiveness to do Satan’s work. Yes, the devil is crafty and cunning in ways to temp us, our loved ones and friends to pick fights and arguments. This causes confusion and descension in our lives. We must not be moved by outward circumstances but stand on the Word of the Lord. Psalm 15:2 He who walks uprightly, And works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart;

There will be opposition and all kinds of manner of evil that will come against those who walk upright before the Lord. We fear the Lord and trust in His counsel and ways. There is nothing too hard for God. As we contemplate our journey, we must desire to live a clean life. The Lord is with the upright and His mercies are abundant. The scriptures teach us how our ancestors walked with God and how He blessed them. We have found favor with God and His wisdom keeps us in His will. We must never forget all His benefits and testimonies.

The rewards are great, His loving kindness toward us is everlasting. Psalm 100:4-5 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. 5 For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations. All the promises of God follow us as we walk with Him. Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.

Therefore, we must hold on to every word that is written for our instructions and do not turn to the left or right. Every morning when we rise our lips must give the Lord praises and thanksgiving, because He woke us up. Exodus 33:17 So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.” His Word and promises are written to inspire mankind to seek Him and to know Him. Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul.           

           

Coat of Colors

 

While I wear my shield of armor

I will pray and obey God’s Word

As my Lord and Savior leads

My steps are predestined

I have been chosen to prosper

While I do my Father’s will

On earth and in heaven

I will display the courage

Blessed and highly favored

In my dreams I have seen secrets

Heaven is on my side

When I rise I am protected

I will face life’s challenges

Perseverance and faith will remind me

If I should falter, I must remember

I am walking in the anointing

My soul is covered and dipped

God is my shield and protector

ã2004 “Naima’s Inspirational Melodies”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ask you to be respectful and mindful of all comments and interactions. Comments that use swearing or bullying will be deleted. God bless you.

Living Water

  Living Water John 4:14  but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him w...