Monday, January 30, 2023

A Sweet Grace

 

A Sweet Grace

 2 Corinthians 9:8-9

8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 9 As it is written: “He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever.”

           

Where do I begin? The Lord is amazing in all His ways. I am a living testimony of the goodness of His grace that He pours upon me daily. There were many times when I was lost and did not know which way to go in life. I didn’t know my identity or purpose in why I was living. The Lord protected me from death countless times, I survived an abusive marriage, unhealthy relationships and friends that were unequally yoked, jobless, jobs where I was miserable working, setbacks, injuries, health issues, spiritual warfare and attacks against my mind and body, poverty, etc. 

In one instance, I attempted suicide. I was hurting so badly everything in my life seemed to have shattered in front of me. The years of hurt and pain can take its toll on the mind and body. When I heard some bad news that broke my heart and spirit that’s when I gave up. But the Lord wasn’t done with me. He wouldn’t let me die in my sleep with my stomach filled with pills and alcohol that I had taken.

The Holy Spirit blocked death from taking my soul. I made it to the hospital in time to have medical attention an hour before dying. Fast forward, that was thirty years ago from this present time. I cried out to God every time my life was going off track and when I was heading for destruction. He responded to me “I will create in you a new spirit.”

Today, I understand how sweet God’s grace is because He saved a wretch like me. I read the scriptures about His grace being sufficient and I called out to Him, and He answered me and showed me great and mighty things that I did not know or could see. The more that I read about Jesus the deeper I searched because I was able to see myself in the scriptures and now, I realized that the Word of God is about me too.

Christ died for me and bore all my iniquities and nailed my sins to the cross so that I would start believing that I was lost and blind, hurt, and confused. I’m a sinner whose eyes have now become open to hearing the words of God and the Holy Spirit helps me to abide in the Word and remain in the will of the Lord until my work is done on this side of heaven.

You see the Lord is working and weaving the Word of God into our lives through all the things that we are going through whether good or bad. If you are weary and your heart is burden, I urge you to start reading the Bible Book of John chapter one and continue to read the Word of the Lord for help and knowledge. The Holy Spirit will give you understanding and truth as you grow and seek the Kingdom of God.

The grace that we sing about is far more brilliant and indescribable. It has the power to resurrect the dead, find the lost, restore hope, blot out all sickness and diseases, call those things to be that are not, save the worst sinner, forgive all hurts and right all wrongs, wash clean every dirty stain, create a new spirit and heart inside a man, open blind eyes to see, rebuke the enemy, make peace with you and your enemies, etc. Hallelujah!

Please let God’s goodness lavish you and pray to receive it. Remember, when you are weak or in trouble, His grace is more than enough. Humble yourself and pour out your heart to Jesus and ask Him to help you. It starts with a contrite spirit and broken heart that the Lord runs to. Taste and see that the Lord is good, His grace is sweeter than natural honey, far greater than any riches or wealth that money can buy. I dare you to call on Him and seek Him, because He wants to show you the reader how amazing His grace is.


Sweet Grace


  My lips are full of praise

Words of peace and joy I sing

Heaven, I adore Your glory

 As the angels spread their wings

Whispers of Your presence fills the air

Holiness flows from Your feet

 Sweet Jesus sweet Jesus I praise

You are that secret place

While my soul sings to You

 Let Your power and Spirit embrace

Rain and pour Your sweet majesty

I am delighted to receive

 As I stand in the midst of paradise

I’ll keep praising and singing my all

You are holier than any miracle

 Sweet love sweet love unconditional

Oh my soul says yes I’ll serenade

My spirit is mesmerized by Your grace

 ã2004 “Naima’s Inspirational Melodies”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ask you to be respectful and mindful of all comments and interactions. Comments that use swearing or bullying will be deleted. God bless you.

Living Water

  Living Water John 4:14  but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him w...