Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Weeping

 

Weeping
 Psalm 30:1-5

 

1 I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me. 2 O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. 3 O Lord, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. 4 Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. 5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.

 

Many of us are carrying worries, fears, pain, hurt, and sorrow. But we cannot forget about the power of God. We must never stop praising Him and lifting our hands toward heaven. He hears us and sees all our afflictions and knows how to deliver us.  Call on the name of the Lord because He is our strong tower. Read the scriptures about how our King fought many battles for the righteous and won every war! He is mighty and strong.

Every test has an expiration date. We must not think it is strange that we’re going through these afflictions because we are the righteous. There is much that we must learn about our faith in God and His power. Daily we must be intentional to spend time in the Word of the Lord and sit still. There is something that the Lord is saying to us. Sometimes our pain is speaking louder than the noise in the world but we must turn the noise down.

We must find the mute button and learn the importance of being quiet because there is only one voice that we must pay close attention to. It is a soft whisper that comes and goes quickly. Our minds must be calm and still. As we make time with the Lord personal. The Holy Spirit will let His presence be known if we patiently wait and listen.

The troubles that we’re dealing with are sometimes sent by God. The Lord will allow it to get our time and attention. This seems to be effective more than other ways to get our minds off our busy lives. We must acknowledge the Lord and cry out and ask Him to help us and trust Him. This is a starting point to finding refuge and shelter when life gets difficult, and the storms come.

Our love for God must grow as well as our faith when we feel like our backs are against the wall and there’s no place to go. We learn much through the things we suffer. Our souls may be weary and worn because we’re under an attack. Which way do we go and who do we turn to? These are some of the most asked questions that we wonder about in our circumstances and situations. There is only one option when we love the Lord. He is our only help.

We are chosen to walk with the Lord and our journey is different from the path we would have taken without God in our lives. So, we must not give up in thinking that our struggles and pain is for nothing. There is a purpose and reason for why we are being afflicted. There is a scripture that comes to my mind, 1 Peter 2:20-22 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. 21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: 22 “Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;

The righteous are called by the Lord to be sat apart which entails many trials, tests, and valleys to endure. We must hold on because the storms will not last always. The Lord is moving us along the journey. We are planting good seeds when we choose righteousness over ungodly behavior. As we learn about Jesus and His ways our tears will dry up because our souls are yearning for God’s mercies and compassion.

There will be a season of reaping that will bring a harvest into our lives. Yes, we will partake in this glorious time. Our day of rejoicing will come and every tear that we’ve sown doing the right thing will bloom blessings, victories, goodness, and an abundance of blessings will flow in our lives. Our testimonies will shake the heavens and earth as we run toward the hills.

The Lord will give us double for our troubles. There is no one who can bless us better than the Lord almighty. We must lay hold of the Word of the Lord because He tells us that we are His own. What a wonderful Word to hold on to knowing that Jesus loves us, and He sees us as His own. So, when our hearts and minds are heavy, we must count it all as joy because this too shall pass. Our faith is being tested and approved to receive those things that be not as though they were ours.

There will be a time when our tears will be for all the glory that the Lord has done in our lives. He made a way to bring it all to past and we must continually trust Him. He is alive and His Word is too. Let this mind be in us as it was in Christ.

We will receive eternal blessings according to our obedience to God. His saints are like sheep ready for the slaughter. Though weeping may endure for a night, but God’s everlasting joy will come in the morning. Our eyes have not seen nor have ears heard everything that is stored in heaven for the saints whose trust is in the Lord. Our weeping will come to an end and our joy will be eternal.

 

Tears in the Dark

 

As Satan tries to steal my joy

I will pray and keep fasting

My spiritual gun is loaded

I know that the Lord is watching

Dear Lord please rescue my soul

I have only Your Word

My peace is being interrupted

While my spirit is fighting

I will continue to cry out 

I know that there’s hope

The best is yet to come

If I hold on, I will get through

Weeping is a part of the victory

Although I cannot see through the night

My confidence is in the Lord

This is only for a season

I know that the sun will shine again

As I put my faith and tears in Thy hands

 ã2004 “Naima’s Inspirational Melodies”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ask you to be respectful and mindful of all comments and interactions. Comments that use swearing or bullying will be deleted. God bless you.

Living Water

  Living Water John 4:14  but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him w...